Salifert Ca and KH test kits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Salifert Ca and KH test kits?

I am setting up my calcium reactor and it says that i should set-it up running with co2 sepplied, and then after 6-7 hours i should test the output. It says i should aim for levels of 35 to 40 dKH and 600 mg/l of Calcium.

With the Ca salifert test kit it only goes from 0 - 500 ppm, so for 600 would this be up to 0.80 on the secong 1ml fill of the syringe?

For the dKH it goes from 0 to 16, and as i want 35, this would be 2 and a bit fills, so up to 0.8 on the reading after adding 2 ml, this would be 35 dKH.

Am i right with these?

Andrew

I am setting up my calcium reactor and it says that i should set-it up running with co2 sepplied, and then after 6-7 hours i should test the output. It says i should aim for levels of 35 to 40 dKH and 600 mg/l of Calcium.

Yep, just start another syringe and add them together.

For the dKH it goes from 0 to 16, and as i want 35, this would be 2 and a bit fills, so up to 0.8 on the reading after adding 2 ml, this would be 35 dKH.

It's been awhile since I had to do more than one syringe, but yes, if I remember correctly that is what I did.

Both of those numbers sound very high to me....

What is the drip rate from the CA reactor? LOL, not that I could do the math to figure out if they were high, but after reading Guy's post I would have to agree, that is alot to be added to the tank constantly.

humm, yeah what i have been doing at the moment is to checkto calcium in the morning and evening and then adjusting the ca reactor accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom