Salifert Nitrite Test Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aztlan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys, I have been waiting for my tank to finish cycling. For the last 4 days my Nitrite has been at around 0.1 using Salifert Kit. When I look at the test tube from the top it's has a very faint pink color to it. But from the side it's looks more pinkish. To be totaly 0, would it have to be totally clear from the side to be 0. Or just clear from the top view. It's really hard to tell. My eye sight sucks.

Thanks

Always look at these kinds of tests from the top down, not from the side. The reading for nitrite should be undetectable so until you get no color change, the tank is still cycling. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

I tested Nitrite tonight. Looking at the test tube from the top water looks clear. But from the side it comes out at 0.01. Looks like its done cycling?

If you think the cycle is complete, go ahead and keep an eye on your parameters for another week or so and you should be good. If you are concerned about what the 0 reading will look like on your kit, get another test tube and run a sample of RO/DI next to your tank sample for a comparison. I have to do that with the Sali P04 kit because my eyes can't distinguish the grey scale they use very easily.

Brisc0 said:
If you are concerned about what the 0 reading will look like on your kit, get another test tube and run a sample of RO/DI next to your tank sample for a comparison.

(y)

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom