Salifert or Seachem test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TriggerHappy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is one better than the other? I'm thinking of getting a seachem basic marine from marinedepot online at the moment. Hopefully the LFS carrys these kinds. Is the seachem drops or tablets?

I was planning on getting the seachem kit. Seems like a good starter kit and it got good reviews in the review section.

I have heard the Salifert is great too. It is more expensive with the separate kits though.

I have been using the same dry tab test kit for many years on my cichlid tanks. It only does amonia, nitrite, nitrate and PH. It has proven to be very effctive.

Since moving to SW I have had to add new test such as Phosphate, CA,Alk,Silicone, and a few others. After trying several different brands, Salifert has proven to be the most accurate. I would deffinately avoid the Seachem Calcium test. It gave me a reading that could not posibly be true. Perhaps it was old, who knows?

My problem is that I am a little colorblind when it comes to some blues and greens. Does anyone know of a brand of tests that would work better for me?

Thanks

Howard

Back
Top Bottom