Salinity affecting pods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

easyian

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering if a high salinity would affect the growth of pods in my system? I had a problem with my hydrometer and had very high salinity for a long time. I have noticed that I used to have a large amount of pods running around on my live rock but i don't seem to see them anymore. Just wondering if i may have killed them all.

well I can;t say on that , but when I got my pods shipped from the wholesaler in florida he shipped in 1.014 salinaty so you might be on to somehting there.How hi waS it?

They would be more effected by a sudden change in salinity, than the actual salinity itself, unless it was very high.

Well when I tested my water with my new hyrometer it was pinned high(passed 1.032). I had to remove 10 gallons of water and replace it with fresh water to bring it to 1.024.

The change in sg of .008 points in one water change is not helpful. I don't think you should change salinity more than .002 points in a day.

ya the guy I bought my pods from told me that also since htey where at 1.014 ,but I did them to my 1.024 with out a hitch in about 1 hr

Well its done now and everything seems to be alright. I did the change on Sunday and so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom