Salinity (can you end the debate?!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
My bio cube 29 has been steady now at 1.026 is this too high? A friend is telling me to lower it to 1.024. I'm not buying it. He has had his tank longer and I don't wanna sound like I'm bragging but... My tank looks better then his ;)

So.... Is that salinity ok? I've read that it's fine at what I have it at.

image-3636303586.jpg

image-661924921.jpg

image-2679400527.jpg

image-3875703402.jpg

i keep all of my tanks at 1.025. This allows me a little leeway either side if it gets a little too high or a little too low.

The ocean is at 1.026 so I feel my tank should be at the same the fish and coral have come from, only makes sense.....

Flreefer said:
I run mine at 1.025 as well.
Tank looks great Dino!! Good stuff.

Thanks!! I'm trying real hard... I'm soooo OCD but I think that helps :)

So should I be concerned about my salinity or just keep on trucking?

Thanks again for your kind words!! Makes it worth while :)

I'd just keep doing what your doing, no arguing with results like that.
Ohh....OCD can definitely help in this hobby!! I'm not certified or anything, but I'm the same way.
Best of luck!!

Flreefer said:
I'd just keep doing what your doing, no arguing with results like that.
Ohh....OCD can definitely help in this hobby!! I'm not certified or anything, but I'm the same way.
Best of luck!!

Thanks again! Have an awesome weekend! I'm of tomorrow so my weekend started early!

BTW... KILLER tank!! One day I'll graduate an have something sick like that!! Way cool man... Just insane!! You have a video?

Last edited:
Cool! Appears to be working for me too! Just a friendly debate between firehouse guys. 2 other guys have a SW setup and say to have the salinity at 1.024, guess guys will be guys... I out rank anyway lol.

Back
Top Bottom