salinity high on in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acw90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I checked my salinity on my 29 tonight after i fed it and it was a bit on the high side. I try keeping my salinity between 1.021 and 1.022.. well tonight i noticed it is between 1.23 and 1.24. And unfourtunately i do not have any tap water treatment and all the stores around me are closed at the moment which leaves me with 2 options.. either A, wait until tomorow and just pick some tap water conditioner up.. or B which im unsure of but seems like a good idea to me is my betta tank needs a water change and i could take the water i have in his tank and just use that to drop my salinity.... any suggestions for me?

I was always told to go lower but thats great it always seemed odd to me that it needed to be so low... so 1.024 is alright for fowlr at the moment the change in salinity wont hurt the fish?

Agree, I keep my salinity at 25 also. If I were to give advice tho for the future I would not use tap water at all and would never, ever use old tap water that came out of a fresh tank.

Back
Top Bottom