Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

I had two emerald crabs who would eat my coral. They went to the sump. I have one in my main tank that keeps to its self ^_^ I have a Sally light foot who grazes on what ever it can find on the rocks but it will leave my corals alone. Just gotta keep an eye out for trouble makers. Crabs are hard to catch once you put them in. You have to be tricky to get them out.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

+1 I have one in my sump as well and a smaller on in my tank the bigger one wipe a rock entirely clean of Gsp so was sentenced to life in my sump

Old 12-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HovaRockz View Post
+1 I have one in my sump as well and a smaller on in my tank the bigger one wipe a rock entirely clean of Gsp so was sentenced to life in my sump
Wiping out gsp is a bonus imo that stuff gets outta control i also had an emerald that caught a fish crabs are nice when their small but when they get big so does their appetite
Old 12-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong

Wiping out gsp is a bonus imo that stuff gets outta control i also had an emerald that caught a fish crabs are nice when their small but when they get big so does their appetite
I had a Sally in both of my old 30s. They were harmless for years but after getting really large they each began taking swipes at my fish and they got moved to the sumps. Not easy animals to catch.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post

I had a Sally in both of my old 30s. They were harmless for years but after getting really large they each began taking swipes at my fish and they got moved to the sumps. Not easy animals to catch.
Lol i tried catch mine with tweezers each day i caught 1 leg and it pulled away dropping the leg that i grabbed lol after about week and half it had no legs sucked for him but after it ate a mandarin blue hippo and powderblue tang i had enough
Old 12-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong View Post

Not when I bought the rock for the Gsp

Tags
light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com