Sally Lightfoot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
I thought that I remembered hearing that Sally Lightfoot Crabs are not a good choice, but I don't remember why. Is this true? Will they get along with out crabs, shrimp, coral and fish? Can you keep more than one? Thanks all!

And can you keep them with emerald crabs?

I have all your questions too:)

They are fine until they get too big, then they can become aggressive. I have one in my 28 G and I think she's pretty cute. She will, however, have to go when/if she becomes to aggressive at some point in the future. Until then, I'll enjoy her. Oh, and they're reef safe - have teeny tiny claws and scramble all over the rocks pulling out food. And, yes, I'm keeping her with an emerald crab w/out issue. :D

mr_X said:
It's up to the crab and the tank he's in, food availability..etc. I've kept them with no ill effects.

Great! I would really like one. They scavenge for meaty foods right?

I've seen them mostly pick at rocks, but a friend had one that would lunge out of a dark part of the rockscape when fish would swim by. he never caught one, but it was crazy to watch.

Back
Top Bottom