Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-24-2004, 09:57 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
Sally Lightfoots are breeding

Hey everyone, caught my two mature sallies in the act two days ago. Anyone have sallies mate before? I am wondering if the little ones are a problem when they come along or just a good quickly depleted source of food. I don't particularly like having two adults but they cause no problems so its alright however I don't want a couple dozen more by any means. Should I be concerned? If so I will "try" to nab the female once the apron is seeded.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 10:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'll trade you something for the mated pair.let me know if theirs anything your looking for

Old 03-25-2004, 11:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
I take good care of them, but honestly I wouldn't miss them. The problem is catching them. If I could catch them you could have them for shipping costs, however I tried to get one once and I didn't have any luck.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Understood. I have 2 emerald crabs that are getting "large" and looking like a threat to my fish, the problem is catching them. They never come out from the rocks and are quick as lightning. I have several people that would take them, but....
Old 03-26-2004, 09:59 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I always had good luck catching crabs,with a cheap simple trap.You take a clear soda bottle,cut off the top about a quater of the way down ,turn around the neck part you just cut off,and point the neck part toward the bottom of the other part of the bottle .make sure the spout is big enough to except what ever you are trying to catch.Put some bait (brime shrimp) in the bottle sink it to the bottom of your tank . you may need to dab some super glue to hold it together or you may not .You'll catch crabs, shrimp,fish what ever you want it works great.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
You'll catch crabs, shrimp,fish what ever you want it works great.
nice tip

Peppermint Shrimp:
Crush two tbs minced mint leaves (no stems) with the juice of two limes, two tbs of sugar and a shot of light rum. Marinade eight cleaned jumbo shrimp for two hours in fridge or overnight (overnight is best). Skewer and salt shrimp. Broil or grill over medium high heat until shrimp become opaque (apx. two and a half min per side). Serve with black beans cooked with garlic, green onions, bacon and topped with a slice of lime.
douggiestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 06:14 PM   #7
cj10488

I never had a problem with my S.L. crabs however they were scaring me. I had a mated pair as well and they had just started breeding the the other day.. The only way i was able to catch them was to break down the tank... I ended up selling the mated pair for $10.00 to a local person.. They were Extremely large and thats why they were scaring me.. Mosy likely the babies would become food but who knows..

James
Old 03-26-2004, 07:32 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

I 'd love to have a breeding pair or crabs

Tags
breed, breeding, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com