Sally Lightfoots are breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, caught my two mature sallies in the act two days ago. Anyone have sallies mate before? I am wondering if the little ones are a problem when they come along or just a good quickly depleted source of food. I don't particularly like having two adults but they cause no problems so its alright however I don't want a couple dozen more by any means. Should I be concerned? If so I will "try" to nab the female once the apron is seeded.

I take good care of them, but honestly I wouldn't miss them. The problem is catching them. If I could catch them you could have them for shipping costs, however I tried to get one once and I didn't have any luck.

Understood. I have 2 emerald crabs that are getting "large" and looking like a threat to my fish, the problem is catching them. They never come out from the rocks and are quick as lightning. I have several people that would take them, but....

I always had good luck catching crabs,with a cheap simple trap.You take a clear soda bottle,cut off the top about a quater of the way down ,turn around the neck part you just cut off,and point the neck part toward the bottom of the other part of the bottle .make sure the spout is big enough to except what ever you are trying to catch.Put some bait (brime shrimp) in the bottle sink it to the bottom of your tank . you may need to dab some super glue to hold it together or you may not .You'll catch crabs, shrimp,fish what ever you want it works great.
:fadein:

I never had a problem with my S.L. crabs however they were scaring me. I had a mated pair as well and they had just started breeding the the other day.. The only way i was able to catch them was to break down the tank... I ended up selling the mated pair for $10.00 to a local person.. They were Extremely large and thats why they were scaring me.. Mosy likely the babies would become food but who knows..

James

Back
Top Bottom