Salt all over the place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grease

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible to have HOB products n for it not to get salt on the back outside of the tank, the fish stand n the wall?

Yes. Splashing is what's causing the salt creep. Stop whatever bubbles or splashing and the salt mess will stop also.

Most of it comes from my protein skimmer n I don't want to get rid of it. Is there any other option or I just have to deal with bc of I have that kind of setup?

Where are the bubbles coming from exactly? Is the water that's leaving the skimmer falling a bit before it reaches the tank?

image-3486208721.jpg

I tried to upload a photo of the skimmer return hose. Not sure if I did it correctly.

That's a good idea. Now I just gotta think of something

Pieces of acrylic they sell it at ace homedepot lowes and they can cut to size for you all you would have to do is shape it.

Yeah I would go for a nice rectangular piece then shape space for the skimmer return yourself that's best IMO.

Looks just like the Reef Octopus BH-2000 I have, except the output on mine has a bubble diffuser gadget instead of just an elbow. I think you should turn that elbow parallel to the back wall of the tank instead of splashing into the back wall. That alone should make a difference.
My BH-2000 was a mistake, way too big. Lusting over the BH-90 instead now...

- D

Back
Top Bottom