Salt mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugarte1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone wanted to get some feed back from you. I'm using Marine salt mix right now. Thinking about switching. Was wondering what you all think is the best mix for a reef tank is ?

I'm using reef crystals as well. A nice salt mix for a softy and lps reef tank

Any of the reef grade salts should be fine. I've used Oceanic, Reef crystals, Kent, Coralife, Red Sea Coral Pro, D&D, Tropic Marin, and a few I can't remember, all with no Ill effects.

I'm using Fluval Sea salt.

Just go for any "good" brand. I mean thoses ones that don't contains PO4 and NO3, and contains enough Mg,KH,Ca.

There is no best brand. They all have their pro`s and cons. I have used oceanic for 15+ yrs.

I've been using brightwell aquatics neo-marine for a while now with good results but before that I used tropic Marin pro reef also with good results I just find the neo-marine better value for money there's 7.5kg for the same price as 4kg compared to the tropic Marin and I tend to use less of it !

So long as it's from a reputable manufacturer, you can't go wrong. Use what's easiest for you to purchase, and available in the quantities you require. If your LFS has a few brands, it doesn't hurt to switch up (I do it, if one brand is on sale).

Back
Top Bottom