salt prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes it is another reverse auction for me, the tight butt.

What are your prices on the different quantities of salt and their brands.

feel free to PM if you price is too low to print.

I buy the 90 gallon mix of Oceanic salt for $25 at the LFS.

Pretty good price I think as I used to pay $22 for a 50 gallon mix of Reef Crystals.

Instant Ocean is 34.99 for a bucket that mixes 200gal of water from petsmart.

They also have a 50gal worth of salt bag for 9.99

I found that the Petco's in my area were clearing out Red Sea 41lb boxes that mix 150G for a whopping $12.50 w/tax!

I bought 3 boxes. They were teh only ones left in the metro area.
:D

I checked out Petsmart on line. They have good prices but the shipping is almost as much as the salt. 50gal bag - 9.99 +8.95 ship. 200 gal bucket - 34.99 + 19.95 ship. The 50 gal bag would be a little cheaper than my lfs but I can buy the 200g bucket for less.

Ok, Just got off the phone with a petsmart in Knoxville. They said they WILL match any prices on their web site. Got the guy's name and will be going to get me a bucket of IO today. $34.99 plus tax of 3.23 total of 38.22. (may buy 2 buckets) :lol:

Good stuff.

I have lost all of my faith in Big Al's. I went there and they had great selection, but luckily for me I forgot my moola when I was going to buy some stuff so I went home and called aroud and found everything for less at other places.
Petsmart and Petcetera, though the people that work there are idiots, they do have good prices on the basics.

Premiumaquatics.com has 200Gal Buckets of Oceanic Salts for 39.95, BUUuuuuttttt, they wanted to charge me over $60 for shipping :?

So i got 2x200Gal buckets of Oceanac SeaSalts for 113.97 including the shipping.
Thats 56.98 per bucket...not great, but not bad either. Especially now when i see Petsmart selling the 160Gal Buckets of IO for $60 bucks in their stores.

I just got back from petsmart and picked up a 200 gal bucket of IO for 34.99. and another penguin 660r powerhead for 20.39. No shipping. Wow. Just wished they had a skilter 250. :roll:

I need to gwt some salt for the next water change...guess I will be going to my local Petsmart.......Might even take the dogs too...if they behave..LOL...sometimes they are worse than my kids were.

Back
Top Bottom