Salt question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been asking a million questions. I have read on other threads about what salt to use. What salt should I use? I will have sand as substrate and not cc. The tank will be FOWLR for now. I might get some corals in a year. I don't want to rush into it. I was going to go with IO salt, but I see they have more than one type. I would assume that I should stay with one brand and not what is on sale. Is it cheaper to buy online or go to LFS? I would assume shipping would make it expensive to buy online. I just want to see what everyone else does. I will be using RODI water. I am starting with clowns and beginner type fish. I think I covered everything.

Well IMO I like IO w/ reef crystals. I use the Reef crystals because it has a higher calcium content as well as other trace elements needed. I dont have corals that even need the calcium yet but i figure it wont hurt anything having it ready for the future. I have always used IO so i dont know about the others. But im sure more ppl will comment soon.

HTH
:):)

Thanks for the link. I think I will go with IO. Seems like it will be the cheapest and will be good enough for what I need.

Tropic Marin is definately the best stuff out there. I little more expensive, but well worth it. Its got all the stuff your aquarium needs and nothing that it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom