Salt specials?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its time for me to order salt again and Im wondering if anyone knows of any killer online deals for salt. I know at one time petwarehouse.com was selling salt and not charging an arm and leg for shipping.

Is that still going on or is there other super salt deals?

Do you have a PetSmart nearby? I bought 2 buckets at the Chattanooga store for $54.99 each. I asked them if they matched prices. They said they did. I asked them if that included prices on their own website...they said "Of course". I printed the page off their site that advertises the IO 200g mix for $34.99 and took it back up there later...they refunded the difference to me.

No petsmart. THere is a Petco 40min north but thats about it for large chain pet stores.

I can get it online for about the price you mentioned but shipping is always the killer at something like $15/bucket. Its still cheaper than they try to pawn off on us locally though. I have seen IO 200gal bucket sell for as much as $70.

Petco will not match prices online.. At least the ones around here wont.. Petsmart just started charging extra for s/h on salt.. I know I just bought a 150gal box today locally of Crystal Seas Bio Assay for $30.00 I am going to try it out and take it slow and change out 2 1/2 gals per week for the next month and continue with regular changes after that.. Hopefully all goes well..

James

Petco here doent even have 200gal buckets in stock. At least not the couple times I was in there.

fishfreek said:
I have seen IO 200gal bucket sell for as much as $70.

That's insane! My LFS has it for $35 a bucket! Too bad, there was a $20 coupon for petsmart online but I think it expired december 7th.

loganj said:
I printed the page off their site that advertises the IO 200g mix for $34.99 and took it back up there later...they refunded the difference to me.

LOL!!! The guy obviously forgot that their stores pay for freight too.

hee hee. Still, they probably still made a bunch of money. I have a hard time believing that synthetic salt really costs very much money to produce.

I'm gonna place a bet and venture to put synthetic salt in the same category as detergent, breakfast cereal, potato and corn chips, soft drinks and all the rest of the stuff with insane profit margins. What do you guys think. I mean seriously, it's just modified salt.

snapcrackler said:
LOL!!! The guy obviously forgot that their stores pay for freight too.

hee hee. Still, they probably still made a bunch of money. I have a hard time believing that synthetic salt really costs very much money to produce.

I'm gonna place a bet and venture to put synthetic salt in the same category as detergent, breakfast cereal, potato and corn chips, soft drinks and all the rest of the stuff with insane profit margins. What do you guys think. I mean seriously, it's just modified salt.

I agree totally. But they know there's nothing else we can really do or use instead so they have us. I would love to know what it actually costs to make a 200gallon buckt of this stuff, I'm sure pennies compared to what we pay for it.

Hey fishfreak I am I store in Hopewell Va I can help you out with a 200 bucket of IO for 45 dollar or Crystal sea for 30 call me up at 873 0228 if you want it. Best I can do, not making much profit at all on this deal but anything I can do for you aquariumadvice people.

Thats a great offer but regreatfully mapquest puts you at over a 2 hour drive one way.

Im gonna check locally and then probably order online.

Back
Top Bottom