salt water id site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found a great site a while back the was all about indentifying what that "thing" in the tank might be....it covered fish/inverts/coral/algea ect...

Very in depth.Anyone know which one I mean...Google is letting me down (or I'm looking over it).

I saw two new "things" today...looked kinda like slugs or shell less snails.About a half inch each,gray with a litthe bit of a hump in the first 1/4 inch.

Saw em when I turned the lights on,so perhaps nocturnal as well.....

any guess as to what they are or to the site I can't find would be helpful.

I dont mean to play favs here but anytime I needed help IDing anything Hara and Fluff where always there to the rescue.

Thanks all...it was in the sticky.

Oddly enough they were not in there though...the search continues.

Or since it is a slug

LOL Fluff....I had no idea there actually was such a thing,I was just trying to be discriptive.

Perhaps that is what it is.....I'll check the link out,Thanks,

EDIT:
That site is huge and very imformative but with so many to look through, it can be a bit daunting.

My good goobity golly gosh...in the words of the of the great Dundee "Thats not a list,THIS is a list." lol.

After working all night I'm gonna pass on that task this morning.Perhaps tonight and,well tomorrow night....

SCFatz said:
LOL Fluff....I had no idea there actually was such a thing,I was just trying to be discriptive.

There are lots of slugs/snails/nudibranches that all fall in the "slug" category.
Re-reading your first post, some things jump out at me (that should have before). You mention it is gray and has a hump at the front. I know you said you went through the sticky devilish posted but I'd like for you to look at the stomatella varia again. Here is a pic I pulled from the sticky. http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/pages/picture_pages/faq_stomatella.html
It would fit your description and if these are what you have, they are great additions to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom