Salt water tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

learpilot74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

In the next year I am debating in starting a salt water tank. The dilemma I is a moral one. I am strictly opposed to removing wild species from our oceans and reefs. I feel it is extremely selfish and irresponsible. That being said, I understand many salt water fish stores sell mainly captured fish. Are there any websites people can recommend that specialize in captive bread fish? I do damsels and clown fish can be found captive bread. If this is not realistic I will stay on the freshwater side of things.

Thanks!

You will find on liveaquaria.com a lot of tank bred fish and and cultured corals. It will say specifically which are and which aren't.

Good for you for preserving and protecting our reefs! I'm big on that as well.

Check out a company called ORA. They have a good variety of captive bred fish and are a partner of live aquaria.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bottom line is that there aren't very many captive bred saltwater fish. You can get away with some tank raised fish, but there will be no tangs, no angels, no rabbitfish. If you are considering a decent sized tank, you are going to be limited.

Back
Top Bottom