Saltwater 1.5 Nano-Cube..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone done one? How did it turn out? What can I put in it..? I just want to see what I could do with this size of a tank I found one in box brand new never used at a garage sale for $5 I want to do a nano saltwater tank! Too crazy? I think a desk top tank would be awesome!

I know people have done SW tanks in smaller containers (.25g, .5g, smaller even) So yeah it's possible. But how would you provide the proper things in that tank? (heat, filtration, etc etc etc)

Has anyone done one? How did it turn out? What can I put in it..? I just want to see what I could do with this size of a tank I found one in box brand new never used at a garage sale for $5 I want to do a nano saltwater tank! Too crazy? I think a desk top tank would be awesome!

You love them garage sales huh!?
Live rock would be all your filtration and water changes. You could do some shrimo and maybe a small crab and a few small snails

I know people have done SW tanks in smaller containers (.25g, .5g, smaller even) So yeah it's possible. But how would you provide the proper things in that tank? (heat, filtration, etc etc etc)

Heat wouldn't be an issue my house hovers around 78* all the time, and its got an in-tank filter for the corner like a reef ready overflow box type thing and lighting it has a clip on led fixture.

You love them garage sales huh!?
Live rock would be all your filtration and water changes. You could do some shrimo and maybe a small crab and a few small snails

I do because I always score at garage sales lol I'm thinking a nice tall center piece if porous live rock to save on weight, and maybe a damsel? Or is it too small for a damsel, how about a dwarf goby? What are some bada$$ shrimp and crabs I can get that would be eye catching, and what would I feed them? And its rimless so I don't trust snails lol

Back
Top Bottom