saltwater filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumman123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i need a cheep saltwater reef filter. i have a 55 gallon but i want a bigger filter. I dont know what. coral i will get yet.

i need a cheep saltwater reef filter. i have a 55 gallon but i want a bigger filter. I dont know what. coral i will get yet.

What kind of filter do u have now? Most people dont use HOB filters for saltwater especially on a tank that size. I say as long as you have plenty of Live Rock and a few powerheads you should be perfectly fine. Also, for a tank that size, id recommend a sump if u have the space.

i still have to buy everything im just planning what i want know.

Okay well just for future reference, might wanna state that in your original post just to avoid any confusion.

If you're just planning right now, id plan to have a sump. Plenty of Live rock in the 55, few pieces in the sump and a few powerheads like I said.

If you choose to go sumpless, I can't really help ya, don't know anything about using filters for saltwater unless its a nano tank which a 55g isn't.

Back
Top Bottom