Saltwater Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two lateral teeth on the rostrum
Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 1½"
Spines are present throughout the carapace, abdominal segments, and telson; cervical grooves are deep; rostrum with both dorsal and ventral teeth and t-vjo lateral teeth; third pairs of pereopod's chela with 3 teeth in the cutting edge.

Okay...sorry for the delay, wanted to wait until more ppl were online.

Here are a few questions. First one to get them all right...

(1) A standard glass aquarium 72 inches long x 24 inches wide x 24 inches tall holds how many gallons of water?

(2) Hawaii has three types of coral reef environments. Each of the three are dominated by one of two species of coral. Name one of these corals.

(3) Flatworms are _______. Nudibranchs are ________. (think food/diet)

(4) The bristles on a bristleworm are called __________ .

(5) Why is black coral named such?

(6) The obvious basic visual difference between Goniopora and Alveopora is:

Okay - have fun!!

I don't think it's too hard...I just think the peopel playing the game haven't checked with this thread yet ;), I'd give them till this evening before I posted any hints, I decided to sit this round out. Can't wait to see who wins this one, some tough questions up there ;)

OO this is fun!

1. 179 gallons, or 180
2.sponges?
3.flatworms=omnivore ,nudibranchs=herbivore
4. tendrils
5.lives deep in the water
6. Alve has 24 tentacles, gonipora has 12?

Kudos are a good idea, though I think you RR & myself might be trading kudos back & forth evenly. Then again, RR has way more to spare. 8)

Btw, you got 2 out of 6 right. 8O Better than I would have done if I hadn't looked up the answers. :)

C'mon, ppl!

I'll give the first person to get them all right 20 kudos ....

ReefLady said:
(1) A standard glass aquarium 72 inches long x 24 inches wide x 24 inches tall holds how many gallons of water?

180g

(2) Hawaii has three types of coral reef environments. Each of the three are dominated by one of two species of coral. Name one of these corals.

There are actually 4. Porites compressa (finger coral), Porites lobata (lobe coral), Montipora capitata (rice coral) and Pocillopora meandrina (rose or cauliflower coral).

Omnivors <<>> herbavors (mainly sponges)

(4) The bristles on a bristleworm are called __________ .

Parapodia

(5) Why is black coral named such?

Becuase of the color of the scleractinia

(6) The obvious basic visual difference between Goniopora and Alveopora is:

Goniopora has 24 tentacle tips and grows ina "ball" shape<< >> Alveopora has 12 and usually braches.

Cheers
Steve

ReefLady said:
Steve,

Missed one. Nice work, though!!

Flatworms >>Omnivors. Primarily diatoms as juveniles and then carnivors as adults

Nudibrancs >> herbavors (mainly sponges)

:?: :?:

Cheers
Steve

Upon further review, I'm going to call it a completely correct sweep.

Parapodia

I was looking for "setae", but after looking up Parapodia, it's so close, it's not worth splitting hairs. Kudos to you, and take it away for the next question!

Edit - ha...didn't realize you mixed that up the first time. Oh well, I know you were *thinking* the correct answer. ;-)

Flatworms >>Omnivors. Primarily diatoms as juveniles and then carnivors as adults

Nudibrancs >> herbavors (mainly sponges)

Nope, that was correct. Though, I think that nudi's are primarily carnivores, I think omnivore is probably more accurate, as you explained.

All yours!

phylum: Coelenterata
class: Anthozoa
subclass: Octocorallia
order: Alcyonacea
family: Alcyoniidae

Grows attached to bedrock, boulders, stones or shells, usually in places with strong water movement. From the lower shore to about 100m.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom