Saltwater lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deandonk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wondered how long people have there lighting on for.i have mine on for 6 hours and then the blue light on for an extra 2 hours.

Most people I know of run the same time as you. Blues on an hour ahead of white, both on for six hours then blues only for another hour. I personally run mine a little longer, I have led lights and slowly ramp them up and down so I stretched the time out to about 10 hours from the the time they start to brighten till the time they dim back to being off.

Thanks,I have juwel t5 lighting and a Arcadia blue led strip light,t5s are on from 2pm till 8pm and I put Arcadia light on from 8pm till 10pm,wondered wether to start them from 12pm instead of 2.

If you started them earlier it may not be to bad now but as your bulbs get nearer the end of their life you will likely encounter algae issues. If you do run them longer just keep an eye for increased algae growth and if you notice that then turn them back down.

Back
Top Bottom