Saltwater mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hutchball

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I currently use Red Sea Coral Pro Salt and have found it great apart from some un-dissolved bits. Oh yeh, and some crazy coraline algae growth!

Are there any salt mixes out there that people would recommend or keep away from?

Cheers. Paul.

Sounds good too me too if you search online their are bad ones but I don't remember which ones but they where recalled

I loved it until the price went up $15 a bucket to $70. I always order from the same store and I sent them an email about the price increase what I was told was Red Sea raised the price. I then emailed Red Sea and was informed that there had been a shortage in the warehouse but in no way did Red Sea raise the price of the salt. I have no problem paying $70 a bucket but I what I did want was a reason for the increase. I can see a dollar or two but $15? I since have switched to Seachem Reef and other than a little lower Magnesium I will stay with it since I can get a 200g box shipped to my door for $54

OUCH..... Luckily I've got a friend who works at a lfs and gets a pretty good discount, plus one of BRS's 12 days of Christmas specials was Coral Pro for $45 per bucket, so I got 5 of them with free shipping.

Hi I currently use Red Sea Coral Pro Salt and have found it great apart from some un-dissolved bits. Oh yeh, and some crazy coraline algae growth!

Are there any salt mixes out there that people would recommend or keep away from?

Cheers. Paul.

This tank is 3 years old only using reefcrystals no additives other than calcium reactor no coral food no nothing weekly waterchanges thats it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121222_103124.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121222_103124.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 79
The only other salts that may rival it are tropic Marin and royal nature IMO. I've not used either but my buddies swear by them, more so Tropic Marin.
I've read both cause problems on occasion but no one I've met has had the problems stated online even after several years of use.
I also use Red Sea Coral Pro.

Mines only about 6 months I wish it looked as nice as that last coral tank but I'm sure ill be their in three years

Attachments

• image-685151471.jpg
    image-685151471.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 65
Mines only about 6 months I wish it looked as nice as that last coral tank but I'm sure ill be their in three years

It will keep parameters stable and coral will constantly grow fluctuations cause coral to grow in spurts when params are good theyll grow params get off thell stop and then even when params are corrected the coral will have recovery time before it will grow again so stability is key in a reeftank

Back
Top Bottom