Saltwater Mix For Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far I've used regular instant ocean, reef crystals, and kent. I liked that kent mixed easier, but after all 200 gallons were mixed there is a residue left in my bucket like Carey said. This week I'm mixing up my first batch of Red Sea to see how I like it. So far I like kent the best, but have an odd feeling ill like Red Sea even more. In reality, it is probably an on sale thing for most people.

Cool. Hopefully Red Sea works out well for you. Let me know how it goes. Even if I am using something else I will probably change the next batch if unsatisfied.

I use kent buy it from dfs. They send a 5 gift certificate and $20 certificate are hand out at frag swaps. 400 gal for $60 bucks.

So far I've used regular instant ocean, reef crystals, and kent. I liked that kent mixed easier, but after all 200 gallons were mixed there is a residue left in my bucket like Carey said. This week I'm mixing up my first batch of Red Sea to see how I like it. So far I like kent the best, but have an odd feeling ill like Red Sea even more. In reality, it is probably an on sale thing for most people.

Same here..... Started with Kent & Reef Crystals, and both left nasty brown residues in my mix tub, but since switching to Coral Pro, not a problem there. I got mine last year on one of BRS's 12 days of Christmas specials..... $45 a bucket, so I got 6 of them with free shipping. I think my wife cussed me for a week because she had to bring them in the house when the UPS man showed up while I was still at work. :D

Back
Top Bottom