Saltwater mollies for hair algea control??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huffers

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I came across an interesting article online about a dealer that used acclimated saltwater mollies to help control hair algae. Has anyone ever used this technique or heard of it before? I'd really be interested to know if this is a viable means of reducing hair algae in my tank.

Huffers said:
Hey guys I came across an interesting article online about a dealer that used acclimated saltwater mollies to help control hair algae. Has anyone ever used this technique or heard of it before? I'd really be interested to know if this is a viable means of reducing hair algae in my tank.

Ive used it when i first set my tank up years ago best thing is they hamg out on top of the water for easy netting...But you have to solve the undetliying issues of tank first usally over feeding.deeding

Well right now I've only got 1 baby mis-bar percula clown and I prolly only feed him 3 times a week. This is in a 10 gallon nano reef. I've got 11 different types of corals and their all doing fine. Today I added a bottle of Chemi-pure Elite to my filtration unit but I was curious about the use of the mollies. I've got a bigger FW planted tank I could borrow a few from if need be.

Huffers said:
Well right now I've only got 1 baby mis-bar percula clown and I prolly only feed him 3 times a week. This is in a 10 gallon nano reef. I've got 11 different types of corals and their all doing fine. Today I added a bottle of Chemi-pure Elite to my filtration unit but I was curious about the use of the mollies. I've got a bigger FW planted tank I could borrow a few from if need be.

Mollies need a 20-30 gal, saltwater or not

I have a couple saltwater mollies, and while they do eat hair algae they much prefer flake food and do not eat enough to really make a difference, they have big appetites for their size, I'm sure that's why they need 20-30g is because they eat a ton, and foul the water fairly quickly if you let them.

Back
Top Bottom