Saltwater Nano Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insecurity

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it possible to have a nano saltwater tank without coral? Or just fake (artifical) corals? Interested in the whole saltwater game, but I don't want the whole coral or live rock game.

Phranque said:
Absolutely.... just realize the more "nano" you get, your fish choices become very limited.....

+1. Also you have to keep in mind that smaller "nano" tanks can be a bit harder to steadily maintain, over a larger tank. Id recommend going as large as your budget and physical room space allow

Is it possible to have a nano saltwater tank without coral? Or just fake (artifical) corals? Interested in the whole saltwater game, but I don't want the whole coral or live rock game.

What is ypur goal for the nano just a couple sw fish?

danbstrong said:
Liverock is where bb grows without bb your going to have high ammonia

Technically you can get away without liverock, but you would need some porous surface area to house the bacteria

Technically you can get away without liverock, but you would need some porous surface area to house the bacteria

I guess ceramics in the filter would work in a nano but then your doin weekly cleanings to prevent nitrate from building up

Beengirl said:
BB will also grow on the sand and any decorations you might add.

True, but i wouldnt risk my sw tank on that. Imo every tank needs to have dedicated space for bb.

Back
Top Bottom