Saltwater nerites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone know anything about them. Breeding? Etc. I just bought some online.

I've noticed that the snails slowly die off...... I had the kind that can't turn them selves over, and I didn't know it at they died... Do you know if the nerites can turn theirselves over?

Oh, we'll we will see. They are supposed to be here tmrw. I will post some pics of them too.

I've had nerites breed in my tank, it's been over a year since I added any snails and I have around 15 that are smaller than the ones I put in. Ceriths too.

I've had nerites breed in my tank, it's been over a year since I added any snails and I have around 15 that are smaller than the ones I put in. Ceriths too.

Cool! I haven't got any Ceriths yet but I might get some of those as we'll. Do they sift the sand?

They bury in the sand during the day an then come out and climb in the evening, I think nassarius snails sift more.

I'm gonna wait until I go out of town to a local owned and operated aquarium store. I have a petco close by but I don't really like to get my fish from there.

If your looking for snails no one has better stock than reefcleaners.com, they are the best.

Thanks I just looked at their prices and they are cheap! Even shipping is cheap. I will prob be ordering from them soon. Have you ordered anything else from them besides snails?

I've gotten macro algae, fighting conchs, and hermits from them as well as extra shells. Everything I've ever gotten has been amazing, the extra shells were so nice I actual kept 2 out of the tank and have them displayed with some other shells in a display case.

I've gotten macro algae, fighting conchs, and hermits from them as well as extra shells. Everything I've ever gotten has been amazing, the extra shells were so nice I actual kept 2 out of the tank and have them displayed with some other shells in a display case.

Cool, i will be ordering from them soon.

Back
Top Bottom