1. I got a kit and tested NH3
/NH4+. It as only 0.25, so not a problem.
2. I removed the dieing seaweed. It was slimy.
3. I changed the light to a 17W light. Not what folks recommended, but a 30% increase anyway.
4. I intend to plug the heaters back in before the nights get too cool. I had an issue with a Stealth heater where it almost burst from heat when I did a water change because the automatic shut off didn't work right, so I'm a little shy about that right now.
5. I can see beach sand and water being a problem on a dirty beach. But I don't think so where I was right out on the Atlantic coast. It sure seemed pristine when I got it.
Questions: This summer, I've had heat issues with my FW
tanks and a lot of watts contributes. With 130+ watts on a 20 gallon how do you keep the heat down? Are you using a chiller? What's a macro? I'm using an Emperor 280 for the filter. Any recommendations on the adequacy of that?