Saltwater Reef Overflow Decision!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigalwoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay well i lied about the sump part. Im actually connecting 2x 2ft tanks together with the same approach as a sump, seeing as the second tank is on the shelf below in the garage. Anyway, i was just wondering the best approach to having the overflow setup.

I have not yet began setting the tanks up, they're just sitting in my garage while i procrastinate. So, any option is available to choose. I was thinking of just setting up a PVC pipe overflow to save money and effort, or just buying a HOB overflow box with a bit more money. But i don't see the difference between these and a permanent drilling of the tank, (seems risky to me). Can someone please explain the differences between these, and maybe make suggestions.

thanks again guys, can always rely on your replies.

I checked out the PVC one online didn't no how to hide the pipes or how reliable it was. It was like 50 bucks from dr foster for the eshopps.

Oh that's a good buy than, yeh I don't know how keen I am on drilling my tank for one, and also how reliable my plumbing skills are either :p How long has yours been running for?

I just put in refigium about two weeks ago. It is well worth the effort if down right there is no chance of flooding from sump or tank. What size is your tank and sump

Oh that's good, they're actually both 2ft as they are both going to be frag tanks. But one is about 5g bigger than the other one.

Back
Top Bottom