Saltwater Substrate choice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering where all of you bought your substrate at and which grade of substrate you decided to choose.

I bought Natures Ocean marine fine sand at Petsmart because I didn't want to Pay for shipping and it was cheap. $8 for 10# it is really fine almost too fine it really looks like sugar almost more like flower very powdery. If my powerheads point low at all I end up with sand drifting onto all of my rock. I was debating adding some more and thought I would go with a different type this time. What do you use??

I used carib sea aragonite sand. I used a bigger particle so it would be harder to blow around. Got it at the LFS.

230Lbs of Carib Sea Aragonite in my 125, Paid $15.99 for shipping, from the good Drs.

I also use Carib Sea Aragonite from the LFS. I buy dry sand instead of wasting $$$ on the "live" sand in a bag. Any good LFS will give you a couple cups of established LS from a tank to seed the dry.

Back
Top Bottom