Saltwater vs Freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cop.gif
cop.gif
cop.gif
Topic Edited to reflect proper spelling
cop.gif
cop.gif
cop.gif

I would say infinitly. I would say Infinity plus one, but being a math major, I understand the idiocy of using infinity in an equation.

its not harder, its more involved for a lil while, then the work becomes second nature as with freshwater and its really easy, just more things to look at skeptically and more things people tell you that you need that you may not, so its not really harder, but just more involved and more research is always good, know waht you want before you go shopping be open to ideas, but dont do whatever the first thing you read or are told , always double and triple check your info, theres no one way or right way to do it, but there are successful tips that are usually pretty common amoung saltkeepers,

Much harder IMO!!

I am running my first SW setup and in the past I have had numerous FW setups and they don't compare! Much more testing, checking, changing, and leveling.

It is worth all the extra though based on the limitless amounts of creatures you have to choose from!

IMO, I would say your total time spent on your freshwater would be equivalent to about 30% for that of saltwater. It's so rewarding that it makes up for the time.

IMO, harder work brings greater rewards. It does require a bit more attention to detail and a lot more patence, not to mention a deeper wallet. For me it is all worth the effort and money.

Since I keep FW planted tanks with CO2 injection, I found SW wasn't too big of a jump.
It basically progresses like this for difficulty/maintenance required:
FW FO -> FW Planted -> SW FO -> FOWLR -> Full Reef

Back
Top Bottom