Saltwaterfish.com Shipping Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone else notice that they pretty much ship their fish in fresh water? I have been dripping at a steady rate for about 5.5 hours and the salinity in the bag, after a 3/4 emptying of the bags already is just now approaching 1.020. I am going to end up dripping these fish for 8 hours before they get up to 1.025. Anyhow, just seemed a little crazy to me, im used to looooong drips so its not that big a deal, guess I don't have to dip them really if they sat in water that low for that long. =)

Oh, the invert on my order shipped in 1.030, also seemed a little steep IMO.

How was the oreder overall?

What did you get?

Never order from them and I was wondering. I have been tempted though... :wink:

Good info thanks for sharing.

The order is fenominal, great livestock. I got a couple fish, a gorgonian, and a porcelain crab. All look amazing. Im not knocking them by any means, just seemed like some unorthodox shipping practices.

How many drips per second are you using? A lot of them send their fish in 1.017'ish water (though I think LA sends them in 1.020 and their inverts in 1.029). I usually drip 2-3 drips per second for a fish 1dps for inverts. After the volume doubles I remove 1/2 of the water (maybe a little more). My drips usually only take 2-3 hours if the parms are *way* off. Dr. Mac shipped my anemone in the exact same water conditions I had in my tank so after 30m of dripping I put him in.

8 hours seems a bit extreme even to me. Are you using a heater to keep them up to temp?

I usually drip about a 1 - 1.5 Drips a sec. I keep the bags floating in the sump for the entire duration of the drip so that temp is not an issue. The problem with this round was that all the perms came into line about 3 hours into the drip, however the salinity was off 1.019(bag) to 1.025(my tank)

Back
Top Bottom