samll reef gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxmoorishmanxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
anybody here ever keep smalll reeef gobies such as green clown gobies or ranfords gobies that could give me some info about their personality, hardiness, and how they do in groups, ect.... i may be getting rid of a fish soon and any new info about these types of gobies is apprecitated.

JC

We have a pair of citron clown gobies in both of our tanks... wonderful little fish. They were a little timid at first, but now they are out all the time, perching on rocks and corals and even sticking to the glass. They chase each other a little, but don't seem to do any harm to each other. I think it's more of a "this is my spot, you go find your own!" kind of thing. We feed ours a variety of meaty and flake foods.

Hope that helps...

Here's a pic of one of our little guys...

I have a pair of Goldenneon goby.These guys eat pariasites like ick etc.

Good luck Dewey

i had an engineer goby, but i never saw it after i put him in the tank!!! Gobies can be jumpers so you need to make sure that you have a a cover, i dont think that you need to worry about the corals eating the fish but the anenomes may pose a problem. Good luck man

i had an engineer goby, but i never saw it after i put him in the tank!!! Gobies can be jumpers so you need to make sure that you have a a cover, i dont think that you need to worry about the corals eating the fish but the anenomes may pose a problem. Good luck man

goby

I think they are all reef safe. If not some one will let us know

Dewey

xxmoorishmanxx said:
do they run the risk of being eaten by LPS corals, or anenomes? thanx for the help

The LPS shouldn't pose a problem, but a large anemone might.

Two type of gobies to be aware of are the diggers (they hide all the time)...one example of these is the Neon...the other group is the Sand Sifters. The sifters will depleat your DSB very quickly. These should be avoided if you want a functioning DSB. They are very easy to pick out...just watch them at the LFS. If they scoop sand up in their mouth, they are sifters.

HTH
Squishy

thanx i have 2 watchmen but im really intrested in small gobies like the citrons, lemons, neoens, and ranfords, ect...

Back
Top Bottom