sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends...are you feeding too much? Doing you're PWCs?

Then get some sand sifters, cuc...or just vacuum it up when you do your pwcs.

AquaRick said:
Depends...are you feeding too much? Doing you're PWCs?

Then get some sand sifters, cuc...or just vacuum it up when you do your pwcs.

i had been doing water checks 5 gallons of my 30 gallons every other month

i'm assuming you mean water changes?

And if you're doing them ever other month...that's way too long to go without a pwc. You should be doing it at least everyother week to start out with.

I like doing 10-15% every week personally. But i'll probably start doing it everyother week now that my nitrate issue is under control.

So 5 gallons everyother week should be ok. What are your water parameters?

Leighton79 said:
Hard to say.... What size is your tank?

20 gallons it has been runin for 2 years but was neglected for a while and algae built up

amorin said:
what fish do that im a real novice

I don't know if the fish would clean the sand, but it'd at least swim through the sand and mix it up. I've heard dragon fish like sand. My dojo loach likes sand. And maybe kuhli (however u spell it) loaches.

amorin said:
i had been doing water checks 5 gallons of my 30 gallons every other month

Yeah water changes of at least 25 to 50 percent every week is a must. If you do it less than weekly you'll have higher nitrates and ammonia which is bad for your fish if it's too high.

perameters are pH8.3 salinity my hydrometer says 1.026 and not sure about amonia

amorin said:
perameters are pH8.3 salinity my hydrometer says 1.026 and not sure about amonia

Your ph sounds good, but it depends on what fish you're raising. And i'm not sure about salinity.. Anybody know what salinity is good or bad??

were thoes fish dojo kuhli and dragon fresh water

1.026 is fine....but you really need to get yourself a test kit and measure ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates.

ok i usually go to a lical fish store 2times a month.... what do you think about an under gravel filter

amorin said:
were thoes fish dojo kuhli and dragon fresh water

Yes, but idk if the dragon fish get along with the dojo and kuhli loach or not. But i think the dojo loach and kuhli loah would. Try getting a group of 3 and research them to see if they can live in ur water or not.

amorin said:
ok i usually go to a lical fish store 2times a month.... what do you think about an under gravel filter

Bad idea unless you can find the right one for you..when i had one i took it out cause it only caused problems. It only seemed to collect waiste and it was disgusting. If you're gonna get one research for better ones.

Back
Top Bottom