Sand anomone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jross1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-3076964875.jpg

Will my sand anemone b a host to my 2 clowns I was told no at the shop but I'm not sure what do you think any help would b great I'm new to this

Well thats not the only thing they told you wrong I dont think that is a sand or sebae anemone. Thats a bubble tip anemone, thats a little bleached. It can be a host for clowns it just depends if they want to or not:)

I agree rhat it looks like a bubble tip (entacmea quadricolor), but I dare say that's more than a little bleached. It's pretty severely bleached. But the good news is that it's not 100% bleached, or at least doesn't look so. Fees it regularly and keep the tank parameters stable and it should recover.
Clowns will pick whatever they want as a host. Anemone, coral, overflow boxes, PVC pipes, feather duster worms... They'll either take it someday or they won't. We silly humans don't really have a say in the matter. Lol

I agree rhat it looks like a bubble tip (entacmea quadricolor), but I dare say that's more than a little bleached. It's pretty severely bleached. But the good news is that it's not 100% bleached, or at least doesn't look so. Fees it regularly and keep the tank parameters stable and it should recover.
Clowns will pick whatever they want as a host. Anemone, coral, overflow boxes, PVC pipes, feather duster worms... They'll either take it someday or they won't. We silly humans don't really have a say in the matter. Lol

I know its severly bleached. Just didnt wantt to give alll the bad news at once lol.

Well thats not the only thing they told you wrong I dont think that is a sand or sebae anemone. Thats a bubble tip anemone, thats a little bleached. It can be a host for clowns it just depends if they want to or not:)

Well thanks for replies just have to keep an eye on the little guy I looked up rock anemone s and I does look similar but mine has more bubbles then tentacles and in the shop they were all the same Colour they have an orange under side if it is a rock anemone how big do wee think it will get

Back
Top Bottom