Sand Bed Bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanphyre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Our tank has a ton of little tiny bugs running around on top of the Live Sand. I don't even know how to describe them, they are too small and my camera will not take a picture that they can be seen in. I know people mention bristleworms could be in the tank, but not sure this is what we have. I thought bristleworms were much larger. I'd say they are 1/8" long or less and scurry around really fast. They have 2 antennae coming off their heads, they look like little millipedes maybe. We probably have a minimum of 50 of these buggers....probably more.

Any thoughts? We are worried beause there are SO many of them. 8O

Pods. Nothing to worry about. You probably have thousands. They come out more at night. They are the main diet of several fish.

Thank you very much! I'll be able to sleep now. :) We keep learning new stuff every week it seems, this is such an interesting hobby. Reading up on pods, some people even said let them build up for the first year before adding fish that eat pods.... crazy stuff. I thought we were just going to have fish, crabs, snails in there, and finding it's a whole ecosystem of stuff. hehe.

As soon as I get a new digital camera I'd love to take some better pictures of everything and share them with the site. Have some interesting growths on the live rocks that I have no idea what they are.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom