Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

I just assumed you were ditching the CC,
You assumed right Roka. Looks like I didn't read the post as well as I could. You of all people should know that. Said they were "going with sand this time" - -plain as day. I getting old....

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
LOL! That's ok, folks catch me all the time.

Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The wet dry I'm looking to get off a friend it is a ProClear Aquatics Pro 150 Series Wet Dry with built in protein skimmer. Will this be a good filter or do I wait and spend the money to build a refugium.? Thanks for all your feed back I appreciate it.
The link gives info on the wet/dry

FPandMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a new ProClear Pro 75 and had nothing but trouble with the skimmer. I found it nearly impossible to get adjusted. Skimate production was not good either.

I spoke to the owner several times and he just jerked me around for 2 months till I gave up. Their LifeTime guarantee is worthless.

Hopefully, you will have better luck with the larger skimmer in the 150. If not, you may have sufficient room in the wet/dry to put in an aftermarket skimmer. My 75 was too small for that.

Skip the bio-balls and put LR rubble half way up in the chamber. Keep the water level in the wet/dry high enough to cover the rubble. However, make sure there is enough room left in the wet/dry so that when you shut the pumps off, the back draining water from the tank does not overflow the wet/dry box.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks Charlie. I'll use your advice on the rubble rock. I was thinking the same thing. I have seen the filter in operation and the protein skimmer works good. I want to make sure I get the water level right so it doesnt overflow in the case of a power failure. Thanks again

FPandMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com