Sand gobies okay with DSB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've read differing opinions on this - are sand gobies okay with a DSB?

I've just finally got enough sand that 'trates are stable at 10ppm (another few PWC should get them down to 5ppm). Both the wife and I want a sand goby, they had a nice one at the LFS, but I'm not sure that's okay with a DSB - or are the good for a DSB?

I would think, as long as your LR is secure, on the bottom, so it doesn't topple, you should be good to go. I believe they will only move the surface of sand.

Well, that's another issue - I've got almost half of my LR buried in the DSB now, and I need to figure out how to move it up, without setting it on the sand. PVC pipe just doesn't seem stable enough to put all these pieces of rock on .

They should be OK . What type are you getting? My bullet goby sifts all 12 hrs the light is on.

img_719332_0_5b2ea1d8cc7ae7194073f7bee92f71fb.jpg

Here he is in action.

I got a six-spot (white sleeper goby). While he's a sifter, and takes pretty big bites now and then, I don't think isn't going to do much for all the sand I have.

I think I'm going to look for a diamond spot goby today as well.

No pics yet.

Most of it is 4" to 5" in the front 2/3rds right now. It tapers down quickly under the rock to 1-2", which I'm working on, by lifting the rock up out of the sand with PVC and eggcrate, then I'll be able to add more under there.

You should be okay. A true deep sand bed is 6+ inches in depth and is not sifted. Even with 4-5 inches of sand and some good sifters you should be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom