sand problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach119

Aquarium Advice Activist
help me please i just got this sand today it is Estes' ultra reef marine sand it was really fine grains and real white thats why i bought it i brought it home and rinsed it in some ro water then i put it in my tank and now there is alot of clumps in the sand and some of the clump are floating on the top will they go away? do i have to try to break them up? ohh and yeah i am getting my 40 pounds of keys rock tomorrow so im kinda in a hurry lol :) someone help please

Did you just rinse it ?? Because your supposed to soak it for a while so it wont end up like that. Well in my opinion you should break them up. Water may get cloudy for a while but it will settle down in a few hours. Hope you can solve your problem :D

I had that same issue with Este's. Grab a net and skim the surface of the water, breaking up the sand floaters. Mix around the substrate to try and break up the clumps. This might cause more floaters, but just break them up with the net.

This is what I did and it went away within 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom