sand sifter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok i need something to stir up my sand... does anyone have any ideas what my best bet would be??? TIA!!

Nassarius Snails seem like the way to go I have a dozen hiding in my Sand now....Sand sifting star also would do it, but from the reviews here they arent too hardy and run the risk of running out of food..

i was thinking of a goby... i just want to get the best overall sand sifter ya know... Thanks guys!!!

depends how deep you want your sand to be sifted... if that makes sense. In my (little) experience... goby's will sift the top 1/4-1/2 inch or so (but i guess it really depends on the goby) if you wanna go deeper you probably need to get snails.

You could always do what i did, and get both :) I have a diamond watchman goby that does a great job on the surface and a bunch of nessarius snails that spend pretty much all their time under the sand

we need to know what size tank your talking about and how old and if you have LS and how deep. Snails are your best bet, the star and fish can clena a SB out of food in no time and then they will starve. Not all SS fish will eat prepaired foods.

Back
Top Bottom