Sand Sifter Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
looking for a good Sand Sifter Goby, one that will not throw sand up on my rock and corals. Looking for one that stay on the sand most of the time.
TIA

I have in my tank now...>>>

2 Big Mex Turbo's
10 Nassarius Snails
2 Queen Conch's
15 Turbo Snails
several Stars from my live rock

But none seem to keep the top layer clean. But now Im reading bad things about disturbing the sand bed

scuba_steve said:
whats on/in the sand that ya disliking ?? kinda confused now !!

I have lots of life in my sand bed, I dont want to disturb, but the top layer looks bad. Only have one fish that Im trying to get out domino damsel.
here a phot of the sand bed:
sandbed.jpg

frintview.jpg

it looks great to me !! rock looks great as well !! i wouldnt worry any !! if anything mabe another small powerhead to stir up any waste ya see so the skimmer can get it !! that would be the better choice for sure imo :)

scuba_steve said:
it looks great to me !! rock looks great as well !! i wouldnt worry any !! if anything mabe another small powerhead to stir up any waste ya see so the skimmer can get it !! that would be the better choice for sure imo :)

Thats what I was thinking but if you look at the front view of the tank I have more crap hanging in the tank now as it is. "Yes I No" (sump)
You know the bad thing about it is the people that come over to my house and look at my tank that dont know anything about saltwater reef tanks....the first work out of there mouth...( Dont you ever clean your tank) then the story begins...:)

heheh then ya hand them the book conscientious marine aquarist by robert fenner :) but it looks good to me mine looks the same !! shows a good sand bed imo :)

Back
Top Bottom