Sand sifting goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian242pa

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I really want a sand sifting goby AGAIN I have never had one successfully live first one wasss wayyyyy too big and I had a sleep head, he was white yellow and blue I think. I think he jumped and my dog eat it, I have a 29 gal tall and deep sand bed

What? I am looking for a idea not questions lol. Dont mean to sound mean either.

They are not hard to keep if u have requirements they are all different in requirements lol misread ur post

I kept a sleeper goby that I bought very small in my 72 successfully. The biggest requirements are a relatively deep live sandbed (1 - 3" in my humblest of opinions) and a very well aged tank. These guys love the 'pods that live in the sand, and while some of them will eat frozen brine and the like, the majority of their day is spent sifting your substrate looking for chunks of yummy stuff. A refugium is pretty much a must have to keep 'em happy and well adjusted since that's where the crud they like to eat will be able to grow.

Diamond gobys sleepers watchmen all different pretty much. In a big tank you could go with engineers or these ones I saw at my LFS that were 1'+. IT WAS RIDICUlOUS!!!!!

Hey mate ive got a sleeper goby, in my 34 gallon sand is about 2-3 inch deep.
With lots of caves in the Live rock as it likes to hide.
Mine eats anything frozen, brine shrimp, krill etc. But it took about 2-3 weeks before it started eating.

Hey guys I couldn't get 2 spot goby so I got yellow head goby and is currently in burrow

Ya I love em, he has his cave all built is was sifting sand all near his burrow. Now it's nite time and he is back in his burrow chillin lol. I won't be able to get video till late Sunday because family is on vacation and they have camera.

Back
Top Bottom