Sand sifting needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Not sure of your point here?

So what should I get to sift the bottom layer? Is that what the seeding is for?

Yes, but realize that nothing is stirring the sand in the lowest layers of a DSB.

Yes, but I am not extremely familiar with sand sifting creatures or what is the best way to go.

Now that I have been reading more and more about sand sifting sea stars, I dont exactly recommend them even though I have had no issues. Now I am even second guessing if I should switch them up :p

Good ;) education is a good thing.

Great! Thanks for the help and suggestions! Time to roll up my sleeves and go into some real in-depth research!

Yup lots of reading in this hobby like any. The more you learn the better you become. The only problem with this hobby is a lot of is is open to suggestion and multiple equations. Sometimes there is not one right answer. What works for me and my tank may or may not work for yours. Of course some aspects are more researched and definitive than others.

Yup lots of reading in this hobby like any. The more you learn the better you become. The only problem with this hobby is a lot of is is open to suggestion and multiple equations. Sometimes there is not one right answer. What works for me and my tank may or may not work for yours. Of course some aspects are more researched and definitive than others.

Absolutely! Not only true in this hobby, but often true in both life and science in general. We live and we learn, that is the important thing. Reef on my friend!

Back
Top Bottom