Sand sifting star.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhTheHumanity

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yeah right. When it said they were omnivorous and reef safe, I thought hmmm. That little sucker came out of the sand at 4am. I had not seen it since I out it in the tank a few days ago so I thought I'd watch. He was crawling around the bottom and what do I see? First it crawls over my bluge hermits, I thought uh oh. I pulled it out and flicked the grab out of it's mouth. Then it crawls over to a rock where a porcelain crab is minding it's own business adn crwals right over it looking for a snack. The crab managed to sneak under the rock. Hope it doesn't eat all my inverts while my back is turned... lol

I love my sand sifting star. It is so cool to watch him surface from under the sand like a submarine coming out of the water. I've seen mine climb over a couple of my hermits before but never try to eat them. He also stays in the sand and never goes onto the rock so your inverts should be safe.

I have 2, been in my tank for 3 months. Haven't seen anything like that. I suppose I should keep an eye on them.
When they decide to show themselves that is.

They will eat all your sand bed fauna... If you care you should remove them. IMO there no good, for a sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom