Sand sifting star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My advice is to stare at it as long as you can... Lol I put one in my 80 gal and only see it every other month or so! I love them for cuc but I never see mine

My advice is to stare at it as long as you can... Lol I put one in my 80 gal and only see it every other month or so! I love them for cuc but I never see mine

Haha mine just covered itself with sand is that normal?

Totally normal, its what they do. Mine comes out once a day. Sometimes its 3 days before I see it. It's suposed to do that, its sifting sand hense the name...

I want a starfish but so many of them r not reef safe. Plus I want something to sift. Would u recommend getting one?

I want a starfish but so many of them r not reef safe. Plus I want something to sift. Would u recommend getting one?

I heard the sand sifting ones are reef safe. The only down side is you barely ever se it. I would recommend it just to stir up the bottom.

Sand sifting starfish should be left in the ocean. They usually slowly starve to death unless they have large, well established, deep sand beds to eat the micro fauna out of. It takes a while for them to die. Then one day you'll see it's arms disintegrating and you'll blame it on some crab or something.

Sand sifting starfish should be left in the ocean. They usually slowly starve to death unless they have large, well established, deep sand beds to eat the micro fauna out of. It takes a while for them to die. Then one day you'll see it's arms disintegrating and you'll blame it on some crab or something.

I agree with this. Plus when it cleans your sand bed it will also clean the good bacteria out as well. Be careful

Back
Top Bottom