Sand Sifting Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cd5

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have read about them and found mix reviews, people say that are good but they mess up DSB, but I have found that disturbing the top half of my DSB seems to help my tank, so I was wondering if the sand sifting stars how deep will they usually go into the sand layer, also will a sand sifting star be okay with my serpent star
thanks

The Sandsifter will be fine with the Brittle star.

It will remove most of your sand bed infauna fairly quickly though depending on the size of the sand bed. If you're not relying on your sand bed to remove Nitrate then all is well. If you don't have a really large sand bed then the sifter will probably run out of food. You'll see it above the sand a lot more often once this happens.

I have 2 stars and they work fine for my sand, I also used to have a goby, shifted the sand from side to side, the 3 of them did wonderful to my 75ga. I'm looking to add another goby sand shifter but the ones i've seen are tiny. i want a big one. go for it, get one you'll see the difference.

Back
Top Bottom