sandbed help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sneakysnacky

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thickness of my sandbed?

So I am using Aragonite sand for my bed, and I was wondering how much pound of sand do I need to fill it for a 29G tank?

Length: 30 Inches

Width: 12 inches

I currently have 1.2 inches of sand. Is that good enough?

So I am using Aragonite sand for my bed, and I was wondering how much pound of sand do I need to fill it for a 29G tank?

Length: 30 Inches

Width: 12 inches

I currently have 1.2 inches of sand. Is that good enough?

If you plan to get any corals or anemones , etc... You might want to make it a little thicker, maybe like 2 inches or 2.5.. Around that

If you plan on having a shrimp goby or jawfish you will need a deeper sand bed somewhere between 3 and 5 inches. Some wrasses will sleep under the sand as well or hid like the yellow coris.

what if im only looking to make a fowlr tank? I only want to take take care of clownfish/anemones/live rock/ clean up crew?

Then keep it about 2.5 inches deep that's what I did anemones like to bury them selves in the sand sometimes and clowns usually like scavenging around the sand.

Yeah that's what I said 2.5 would be good, especially since you want anemones and clowns.

Then 2 inches is enough. Nassarius snails go under the sand and are a great addition to the CUC.

you can have as much sand as you want... many people have bare bottom tanks with no sand at all.

You really shouldn’t be making the same post in multiple forums... just part of the rules

I have noticed it sometimes takes awhile for a thread to show up.

So you guys another question! so I have about 2.25 inches of sand for my 29G tank. I mean is that good? cause to me it seems pretty thick to have just for my 29G.....

Hey you guys as far as sand goes, are you suppose to rinse it? because my sand can get REALLY foggy pretty fast when I move the sand....

mr.sneakysnacky said:
Hey you guys as far as sand goes, are you suppose to rinse it? because my sand can get REALLY foggy pretty fast when I move the sand....

No not for saltwater sand. And if you have live sand you shouldn't be disturbing the sand, it's gonna cause mini cycles in your tank. The Bactria in your sand creates nitrogen as waste and when you move the sand you are releasing this gas way to fast. Your tank will stay unbalanced ....

Back
Top Bottom