Made a good chunk of progress today...
Ordered my lights yesterday. Put what I'm hoping to be the finial coat of varnish on the stand, and tackled some more of the canopy (yes my mom actually let me touch it lol) we also got the acrylic tray for the bottom of the stand. The picture below is just testing the size (plastic still attached). The cutter they use at lowes wouldn't allow us to make 1 big piece so we'll have to patch it together, no biggie I guess.
Hoping to order my return pump next week! And if money allows two boxes of rocks, each from a different place so I can decide which one I like more. I was going to have them handmade but the guy backed out when I asked how they were coming along a few weeks ago! So bit by bit it's coming together!