Sarah's 150gl build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO Full spectrum is eye candy it will brighten some colors but it's not needed to grow corals All you really need are the blue. The rest just lets us see the pretty colors.

I have three full spectrum and one b/w I like the full spectrum look better. Seeing the same growth when there set low you see a pinkish hue but when you turn them up it's nice and crisp.

That's what I thought. Hmmm to save the $122 or splurge so I won't regret it later. Decisions decisions....

splurge
when you have money to spend in this hobby, what honestly good reason is there not to?

Hello I was looking at the last set of LEDs you showed us you said they were cheaper how much were they I couldn't find a price I'm going to be upgrading to LEDs in the next month or so and I really liked them

Hello I was looking at the last set of LEDs you showed us you said they were cheaper how much were they I couldn't find a price I'm going to be upgrading to LEDs in the next month or so and I really liked them

I think those were $138.99 but they are not full spectrum

I skimped out the first time around, only to come full circle and buy the stuff i wanted the second time around.

I just seen that exact unit in person for the first time about a week ago and I LOVE the coloring. it does have a bit of a purplish hue to it but looks great.

Dont mean to rain on your idea of full spectrum leds but I have a unit and I have the regular blue and whites and I would buy the b&w ones again before the full spectrum ones. They give the tank a weird purple glow which just isnt to my liking. And without the blues on the whites are actually kinda green and not very pretty in my opinion.

I thought the same as you do, why not try the best and have no regrets but I actually kinda regret buying them now. :-( Not that they wont do a great job with coral just visually they arent as great as you would think.

I;d save the extra money and spend it on some corals or fish instead. :)

Dont mean to rain on your idea of full spectrum leds but I have a unit and I have the regular blue and whites and I would buy the b&w ones again before the full spectrum ones. They give the tank a weird purple glow which just isnt to my liking. And without the blues on the whites are actually kinda green and not very pretty in my opinion. I thought the same as you do, why not try the best and have no regrets but I actually kinda regret buying them now. :-( Not that they wont do a great job with coral just visually they arent as great as you would think. I;d save the extra money and spend it on some corals or fish instead. :)

Thanks! Maybe I'll stop in all the LFS this weekend and see if anyone has a similar unit I can actually see. It's one of those things you can't envision without having seen it before.

Back
Top Bottom