Save Money and Can Tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bond300

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all!

I just have to put this out there for the people new to saltwater! BUY USED!! CAN PARTS!! So what do I mean about can parts? Take items from one tank to complete another.....its a Aircraft maintenance thing.... :cool:My example: I have a 90G used $250.00 Tank, Sand, Glass Top and light. 75G used $400.00 Tank, Stand, canopy, T5 HO lighting, 24W UV sterilizer, Power Heads, filter and cleaning kit. Canopy, light and UV is now on the 90G!!! Saving myself $$$$$$$ You can buy complete setups used for less$$ Now I have two tanks to play with!!:fish2:

why would I buy a used 90g tank for $250

when I bought my new 90g tank for $300. I don't need to spend hours cleaning up any build up on glass and I don't need to worry about scratches , leaks ect

so how you benifit from used
buy old worn out equipment pumps ,filters ect
and most likely still needs to be cleaned
what's the savings in having to buy new parts to fix all the worn out equipment

When you buy used you almost always get all the supplies needed to start a tank up. He didn't just get a 90g for $250... He also got all the other supplies necessary to start his tank up.
Like with my tank
I got
*150lbs Liverock
*60g refugium
*$600 protein skimmer
*ballasts
*metal halides
*control system
*stand, canopy(nicer than furniture grade)
*all the pumps
*all the piping
*overall a little over 5K for only $850
That's why you always buy used!
Perfect condition tank.

Hello all!

I just have to put this out there for the people new to saltwater! BUY USED!! CAN PARTS!! So what do I mean about can parts? Take items from one tank to complete another.....its a Aircraft maintenance thing.... :cool:My example: I have a 90G used $250.00 Tank, Sand, Glass Top and light. 75G used $400.00 Tank, Stand, canopy, T5 HO lighting, 24W UV sterilizer, Power Heads, filter and cleaning kit. Canopy, light and UV is now on the 90G!!! Saving myself $$$$$$$ You can buy complete setups used for less$$ Now I have two tanks to play with!!:fish2:

Are you military by chance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom