Saw my pistol for the first time(pic added)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I added a pistol shrimp a year or more ago and never saw the likes of it. I have a yellow watchman that I had hoped it would pair up with but I had given up. I hear the occasional pop so I knew it was alive.

I was talking to some friends tonight in front of the tank and I see this red striped pistol crawl out from behind my watchman! I had forgot what it even looked like!

My tank has been up over 3 yrs and I am still amazed on occasion :)

I have a pic but the actinics were on and of course it was in an area of the tank where the glass is dirty. Hopefully I can get some better ones.

Patience was rewarded I guess ;)

Hee I had a nest(15-20) of the little poppers . Drove me mad to hear them and not see them . I have 2 that are just abot 1/2 inch long with no real color yet and one is carring eggs :roll: I have them in their own tank now but am looking for a YWG in the future... I pulled them from our living room display to a pico in the office where they can pop all they want to ! :D

I just added a pistol shrimp last week for my watchman goby. Pretty bad when you buy pets for your pets.
So far he has not bonded with said goby. This gives me hope.
Thanks!

That`s almost as bad as my lobster. I`ve seen him about 5 times in 5 yrs. I`m glad you saw yours.

Never seen a lobster in an aquarium. Cool.

I got a pic tonight. :) I used the flash to get the pistol to show up more. The millie in the pic is a nice pink tip with green polyps. Not brown as shown :(

Attachments

• goby_shrimp_small_325.jpg
    goby_shrimp_small_325.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 61
thats great! IMHO, the symbiotic relationship between a shrimp goby and pistol rivals that of the anemone/clown. Very fascinating to observe.

Back
Top Bottom