Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Scallops and others

Back with more questions

Iv'e seen that my tank has been getting more micro tube worms, sponges and spaghetti worms. Does this mean that I have more food particles in the water? I plan on having more filter feeding animals, but would this be detrimental to sps corals in the aquarium?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It doesn't mean there are any issues with your tank. It's the normal progression of a saltwater setup. You will continue to be amazed at what literally " comes out of the rockwork". None of what you see now will be detrimental to SPS corals. I recently had something spring up out of a Zoo colony, that I've had for almost 7 years!

Old 06-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer View Post
It doesn't mean there are any issues with your tank. It's the normal progression of a saltwater setup. You will continue to be amazed at what literally " comes out of the rockwork". None of what you see now will be detrimental to SPS corals. I recently had something spring up out of a Zoo colony, that I've had for almost 7 years!
My tank has been up and running for 4 years, and iv'e gone from fish-only to softies, and it's only been now that I noticed that there's been more filter feeders. Iv'e passed the copepod stage, and have even had oysters pop up. I have a coco worm that I've had for 8 months, and many fan worms.

The main question is would adding a scallop affect the level of planktonic organisms in the water column too much? And also, has anyone had success with Ruffled Ridge Coral?

Tags
scallop

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com